The Meaning of our Name
Artasiam is an online art gallery whose mission is to promote Asian Canadian artists and to facilitate the sale and purchase of their artworks.
Amandine Davre | Founder
"For over ten years, I have specialized in Asian art. This passion has always followed me in my studies, from my bachelor’s degree in Cultural Mediation and Art Market (ICART Paris) to my Ph.D. in Art History (Université de Montréal). I am now a lecturer at the Center for East Asian Studies (CÉTASE, UdeM), curator, and artistic coordinator for the e-zine Sticky Rice. Artasiam is the realization of all those wonderful years I spent being as close as possible to artists from Asian communities, listening to their needs and concerns."
They Talked About Us
- Sonali Karnick, "Japanese painting workshop on Artasiam's 2nd anniversary", CBC radio, "All in a Weekend”, June 17th 2023 ;
- CIBL radio, émission Sous le radar, «Entrevue Festival Accès Asie,» May 13th 2023 ;
- Amélie Revert, « Exposition Bijin: Beauté à la japonaise et les femmes créent leur muse », Le Devoir, May 9th 2023 ;
- François Grondin, « Cocktail d’ouverture », Le petit Septième, May 6th 2023 ;
- Jacqueline van de Geer, « Festival Accès Asie: une diversité de disciplines artistiques», WestmountMag, My 4th 2023 ;
- Sonali Karnick, "New exhibit “Bijin: Beauté à la japonaise” explores the idea of beauty with two Japanese artists", CBC radio, "All in a Weekend”, May 1st 2023.